As a huge wine fanatic, I eagerly accepted Paul's offer to contribute with a post on his blog. I mean, let's break it down...my homework for this week is discovering and drinking a new bottle of wine and then writing about it? That, my friends, I can handle.
Obviously this assignment required a trip to the liquor store. As I walked around the aisles of North End Liquors (what a classy establishment), I was actually surprised with how many different types of wines were offered. I tend to stick to my dependable bottle of Yellow Tail. Anyways, because I am very partial to white wine, I grabbed a bottle of Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio for a respectable $10.50.
![]() |
| Venice, Italy |
The bottle's label immediately caught my eye and after enjoying the wine last night, I'm happy it did. While enjoying the wine I did a little research and learned that this 2009 bottle is made from grapes that come from the Northeastern "Tre Venezie" region of Italy. In this region, the Pinot Grigio grape has apparently been cultivated for more than a century...talk about a legacy. After reading the label I also learned that the Ecco Domani company aims to help "launch the careers of aspiring fashion designers through the Ecco Domani fashion foundation." According to the website, each year the company's foundation awards a $25,000 grant to seven fashion designers to present a runway show at New York's Fashion Week. Delicious wine with an eye for fashion? I don't hate it.
Grade: 8/10
Price: $10.50
Since I'm not the world's best cook, I chose to simply enjoy the wine in the company of good friends. Pinot Grigio is by far my favorite type of wine and in comparison to my usual bottle of Yellow Tail, I found the taste of Ecco Domani's verson to be slightly more fruity. Though I can confidently say it won't be replacing my usual Yellow Tail, I definitively did not have any trouble getting this wine down. The only thing the fruit-filled win was missing? A beautiful summer night and a porch to drink it on.


No comments:
Post a Comment